We Manifest Magical Moments.
We are a web-based social enterprise that leverages real estate marketplace dynamics to manifest magical moments; win-win outcomes that help you support your favorite charity, for free, when you buy or sell a residence or lease commercial space. IIC helps create a new funding stream for the social sector through everyday real estate transactions. IIC is both a growing community and a free tool assisting individual and corporate consumers, the charities they support, and the communities those charities serve. And, we are a free tool for anyone, even if they don’t have a real estate transaction, who cares about a cause or an organization and wants to raise awareness and funding for what they are passionate about.
- We provide you, the individual consumer, with the choice of agents selected because they specialize in the specifics of your upcoming real estate transaction. This results is a better real estate experience and maximizes funding for your favorite charities.
- We provide corporate consumers with the same benefits. And companies also benefit from IIC social media promotion.
- We provide charities with access to a new source of unrestricted funding, as well as IIC media promotion when we write about the impact of IIC funding in the units of the recipient charity’s mission.
With the participation of individuals & companies we really can manifest magical moments and make dreams come true.
The Magic Is Within Each Of Us
And the IIC system lets that come right out to do good for what you care most about. Use IIC to help a charity across town or across the country or even a school down the street . The world needs more magical moments; collaborative win-win solutions to making dreams come true and creating social change. IIC powers your passion. Make the IIC difference with your next real estate transaction without needing to find “socially responsible” brokers. Instead, IIC gives you the choice of brokers that are right for your transaction. Because IIC is a social enterprise, we simply give your charity almost all of the typical referral fee that brokers everywhere are eager to pay to get business.
“The web based social enterprise that is the current IIC grew out of a 1995 experiment that the co-founders of IIC conducted to see if they would get more clients by giving part of each commission to charity. And, even that philanthropic experiment had to be done in a way that would not violate the IL license Act. By 5/2010, we’d given away more than $275,000. Most of that money was given directly to our charity clients from whose transactions we earned the commissions. That’s allowed in IL and about 40 other states. When we gave part of our commission to our for-profit clients we simply requested that they give it to their favorite charities. People were fascinated when we’d give them our money to give to their charity. They liked our idea a lot. And we learned that our competitors liked our idea, too. Well, they sort of did.
Starting in 1995, when we pitched a charity to handle their office lease, we always included our Investing In Communities® pledge. Invariably, the executive director was delighted and wanted to share our proposal with the board. Naturally, we followed up to see if we’d won the assignment. What happened next showed that if we could figure out how, we could do something really good for the world – something much bigger than us. Their board had never heard of a broker offering to give part of the commission to the client, and wanted to find out what the brokers they knew had to say about it. When our competitors learned of our IIC pledges, the only smart thing they could say, in order to try to win the assignment from us, was, “Oh, we’ll do that too!”
The seed for rethinking real estate℠, rethinking philanthropy℠ had begun to grow!
To scale our idea of client-directed/broker-funded philanthropy, we launched an independent social enterprise allowing any brokered real estate transaction, anywhere in the world, to be a charity funding opportunity. Now, IIC can enable all individuals and companies to turn their residential and commercial transactions into deals that make a difference℠ for their favorite charities.
In May 2010, Investing In Communities® made its first distribution. We’ve since raised over $250,000 for 80 charities, made possible because of IIC-organized residential purchase and sale, and office, retail, and industrial lease transactions, among others, located in Mexico and the US. We have been told by a number of people in the real estate brokerage industry that the IIC system should prove effective in about 70 countries.”
How IIC Works
We are a web-based social enterprise that leverages the dynamics of the real estate brokerage industry to create a new funding stream for the social sector. IIC is both a growing community and a free tool assisting individual and corporate consumers, the charities they support, and the communities those charities serve. And, we are a free tool for anyone who cares about a cause or organization to raise awareness and funding for what they are passionate about.
We provide you, the prospective client, with the choice of brokers that specialize in the upcoming transaction you desire to have, so you can choose the one you prefer to work with, knowing that IIC has maximized funding for your favorite charity.
We provide companies with the same benefits as individuals, but companies also gain valuable third-party IIC social media promotion.
We provide charities with access to a new source of unrestricted funding, as well as IIC social media promotion when we write about the impact of IIC funding in the units of the recipient charity’s mission.
We provide agents & brokers with a license act-compliant way to add a philanthropic component to their businesses, while paying no more for the opportunity to handle an IIC transaction than they would otherwise eagerly pay as a referral fee. Participating brokers and agents also benefit from an opportunity for them to connect with their clients in a great, new way.
With the participation of individuals & companies that want to make their deals make a difference℠, the funds that we raise from this new and otherwise unavailable source will strengthen communities everywhere, with no end in sight!
Why IIC Works
IIC works because of 4 business factors which exist in the residential & commercial real estate brokerage industry across the US.
- Little barrier to entry causes extreme competition.
- The vast majority of brokers specialize in 1 type of real estate transaction.
- The vast majority of brokers are licensed in only 1 state.
- License regulations limit they way brokers can share their commissions.
As a result, 4 business practices have developed.
- Brokers are eager to win assignments even if it means splitting their commission with another broker.
- Brokers who specialize, for example in residential, typically “refer” a commercial transaction to a broker that specializes in commercial. And vice versa.
- Brokers licensed, for example, in Illinois must to refer a California brokerage opportunity to a broker licensed in California.
- Brokers may share their commission with only other brokers. In 40 states brokers can, with limits, share their commission with the client from whose transaction they earned the commission. All states prohibit brokers from sharing their commission with an unlicensed person or company, including with their client’s favorite charity.