AT NO COST TO YOU, GET FUNDING FOR YOUR CHARITY WHEN YOU:
Buy a Home / Sell a Home / Lease Commercial Property
Promoting Eco-Friendly Legislation and Policy With Real Estate Transactions
The Environmental Law and Policy Center of the Midwest is a leader in environmental legal advocacy dedicated to battling the threats of climate change in the American Midwest. Through Investing In Communities® ELPC has received $791. Now most brokered real estate transactions can become free-funding opportunities for environmental law and policy advocacy. By choosing a broker through Investing In Communities, the purchase or sale of a home or office, retail, and industrial leases can aid in the Environmental Law and Policy Center’s fight for sustainable, eco-friendly practices in the Midwest. Residential sales can also generate funding for the ELPC, regardless of the broker the client chooses, provided the client starts with Investing In Communities before engaging a broker or agent.
The Environmental Law and Policy Center’s team is unified by the belief that changes can be made if people work together. Their multidisciplinary approach towards environmental law and policy advocacy has delivered progress in all 9 of the Midwestern states in which they work. Their six focus areas are: Climate Change in the Midwest; Clean Energy; Clean Air; Clean Water; Clean Transportation; and Wild and Natural Places.
Climate Change in the Midwest
After the United States pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord, The Environmental Law and Policy Center of the Midwest joined regional mayors in combating pollution in their cities with sustainable, environmentally friendly legislation and policy. Here’s a little more on how each of ELPC’s focus areas advance the mayors’ goals:
The Midwest region is home to some of the top wind power generating states, and the Environmental Law and Policy Center is there to advocate for the continued harnessing of sustainable power sources by:
- Ensuring that policies are implemented well in each Midwestern state that build markets for wind and solar energy; and
- Making utilities more efficient so as to minimize environmental impact and consumer costs.
- advocates for legislation that eliminates harmful Mercury, Ozone, and Diesel pollution; and
- is making years-worth of air monitoring data available to the public with the aim of raising public awareness.
The Environmental Law and Policy Center of the Midwest is working with local leadership on ways to keep the region’s water clean by:
- making sure that the 2011 Chicago river clean up policy which ELPC helped pass is implemented effectively; and
- advocating for policies that keep pollution out of the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River, as well as the many smaller bodies of water in the region.
The Environmental Law and Policy Center passionately advocates for eco-friendly public and private transportation, such as:
- High Speed Trains between cities. The ELPC envisions a near future where citizens can travel efficiently from city to city on fast, environmentally-friendly rail systems; and
- Electric Cars and School Buses.
Wild and Natural Places
ELPC promotes the protection of natural wildlife areas across the Midwest. The loss of such natural places has catastrophic consequences for environmental health and directly influences climate change.
Combat Climate Change in the Midwest with Your Next Home Sale, Purchase, or Commercial Lease
Now, anyone who cares about protecting the environment can turn virtually any brokered real estate transaction into funding for the Environmental Law and Policy Center of the Midwest. Generate funding for the cause by using this free platform to choose among real estate agents that are appropriate for your residential or commercial real estate needs. Or use IIC to make arrangements with an agent you already have in mind. For example, the purchase or sale of $300,000 home can result in about $1,300 of free funding, which has a direct impact on our mission. Ready to start?
Total IIC Funding: