Now, anyone who cares about reducing gun violence can turn virtually any brokered real estate transaction into funding for the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence. By using this free platform to find a real estate agent or make arrangements with one you already have in mind, your buying or selling a home or leasing commercial space can generate funding for the cause. A typical home sale of $300K can result in about $1,300, which has a direct impact on our ability to educate and mobilize the public to push for more sensible gun policies.
Each year, nearly 1,000 people in Illinois and 30,000 nationally are needlessly killed by guns. Tens of thousands more are injured. States with the most regulations on guns have the lowest numbers of deaths. The mission of Illinois Council against Handgun Violence (ICHV) is to reduce death and injury caused by firearms by:
- Educating the public on the facts about gun violence and its impacts;
- Providing a clearinghouse of resources and information;
- Evaluating effectiveness and feasibility of existing and proposed public policies related to firearms;
- Working with stakeholder groups including law enforcement, health care providers, and community groups to understand and incorporate their experiences pertaining to gun violence;
- Advocating for state and federal policies that make it more difficult to obtain firearms;
- Building and mobilizing public support for better gun control laws.
The work of ICHV has resulted in some of the most progressive regulations in the country.
ICHV has brought much needed attention and awareness about gun violence and solutions through programs such as Student Voices Program, Most Dangerous Street, SpeakforSafetyIL.org, Lincoln Awards, and the Teddy Gun project.
Funding is a vital ingredient for these and other programs. Please start here for any of your real estate agent/broker needs. And please share this in on Facebook and Instagram [linked]. Thank you!
Total IIC Funding: