AT NO COST TO YOU, GET FUNDING FOR Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area WHEN YOU: Buy a Home / Sell a Home / Lease Commercial Property
Support the Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area When Buying, Selling, or Leasing
The Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area (CFHZ) is dedicated to affecting positive community change by connecting nonprofit organizations and donors. As a member of Investing In Communities®, CFHZ can benefit from brokered real estate transactions, including residential purchases &sales and commercial leases. $1,804 has already been raised. When supporters use this platform, at no cost to themselves, CFHZ can help communities and donors achieve their charitable goals and projects.
Established in 1951, CFHZ is a nonprofit organization that oversees more than 500 funds to help various communities improve. CFHZ also sources and evaluates donors to help them make a charitable impact and realize significant tax benefits. Taken as a whole, CFHZ ensures that communities in Holland and Zeeland will have the resources needed to succeed today and in the future.
With contributions from leaders like Elizabeth Kidd and many other stakeholders, CFHZ is able to meet its organizational goals and empower nonprofit activities. To maximize community impact, CFHZ emphasizes the programs and initiatives outlined, below..
The Community’s Endowment program secures funding from multiple sources to help provide ample resources for the Holland and Zeeland communities. This program addresses present and future needs through two types of funds:
- Unrestricted Funds — For these 91 funds totaling $12.7 million in assets, donors give CFHZ the flexibility to determine which organizations and initiatives need the most help; and
- Field of Interest Funds — For these 54 funds totaling $7.3 million in assets, donors identify a specific area of interest and CFHZ applies their donations accordingly.
The Donor Services program exists to help donors identify ways to meet their charitable goals. This program provides donors with investment management and support through four types of funds:
- Donor Advised Funds — For these 136 funds totaling $18.7 million in assets, donors specify their preferred nonprofit organizations, and CFHZ handles all of the administrative responsibilities;
- Nonprofit Endowment Funds — For these 177 funds totaling $23.4 million in assets, CFHZ manages investment and administration, enabling pre-determined nonprofit organizations to focus on their initiatives;
- Scholarship Funds — For these 100 funds totaling $7.3 million in assets, donors can establish an ongoing endowment to honor loved ones and invest in children’s futures; and
- Community Project Funds — For these 23 funds totaling $2.4 million in assets, CFHZ acts as a fiscal sponsor, receiving donations and distributing funds for the benefit of community initiatives.
Ripples of Hope
Ripples of Hope is an initiative that seeks to address the growing need for effective mental health resources. Recent studies indicate that an increasing number of individuals in the Holland and Zeeland communities have a present and future need for help with mental health issues like depression and suicide. As a result, CFHZ has pledged more than $750,000 from 2016 to 2022 to bolster mental health services, counseling, and suicide prevention.
Fall Celebration of Philanthropy
The Fall Celebration of Philanthropy event is an annual gala that celebrates the contributions of everyone connected to CFHZ. This event unites more than 600 important leaders and supporters for an evening to build awareness and foster charity. In addition to driving charitable donations, this event also promotes local restaurants, bakeries, and caterers.
Improve Nonprofit Effectiveness by Using a Free Real Estate Platform
At no cost to themselves, anyone who cares about protecting, the Holland/Zeeland area can turn virtually any brokered real estate transaction into funding for CFHZ. For example, the purchase or sale of a $300,000 home can result in about $1,300 of free funding. Support the mission of CFHZ by using IIC’s free platform to make arrangements with an agent you already have in mind. Or use IIC to find and choose among real estate agents that are appropriate for the specifics of your residential or commercial real estate needs. Ready to start?
Location: Holland, Michigan
Focus Area: Arts and Culture, Community Development, Education, Environment, Health and Wellness, Social Justice
Budget: $500k - $1 million
Total IIC Funding: