Support Northwest Side Housing Center Through Residential & Commercial Real Estate Transactions
The Northwest Side Housing Center (NWSHC) is a HUD-certified organization with the mission of improving the economic well-being and quality of life in Belmont Cragin and other Chicago communities. As a member of Investing In Communities®, NWSHC can benefit from most traditional real estate transactions, including residential purchases and sales, and commercial leases. $470 has already been raised. When supporters use this platform, at no cost to themselves, NWSHC can deliver crucial advocacy, counseling, and education services to improve housing programs in Chicago.
Under the leadership of Executive Director James Rudyk, NWSHC focuses on the welfare of families and community members living on the northwest side of Chicago. With the ability to provide support in English, Spanish, and Polish, NWSHC has helped thousands of families find affordable housing, improve financial health, and to become empowered since 2003.
Northwest Side Community Development Corporation
Founded in 2018, the Northwest Side Community Development Corporation is a subsidiary organization of NWSHC. This mission of this subsidiary is to support Belmont Cragin and other northwest Chicago communities by maintaining affordable housing, impeding displacement from gentrification, and sustaining small businesses. This subsidiary includes the following categories of classes, programs, and workshops:
- Avenues for Growth Plan — This plan focuses on the promotion of local business and the connection of transportation improvement and economic development;
- Business Development Assistance — Individuals who are considering a business purchase, need to obtain permits, or improve efficiency can obtain customized guidance;
- Business Owner Classes — The eight-week ScaleUp class and Accelerate/Kickstart Belmont Cragin workshops enable business owners to grow and thrive;
- Homeowners United — This program gives homeowners a platform to voice concerns about housing issues, such as property taxes; and
- Viviendo Unidos — Translated as “living united,” this match-and-incentive program helps landlords fill vacancies and tenants secure affordable housing.
Housing Counseling Center
The Housing Counseling Center equips homeowners and renters with advice, knowledge, and skills necessary to protect their rights. Encompassing one-on-one counseling and instructional classes, this center can help individuals with:
- Foreclosure Prevention;
- Pre-Purchase Counseling;
- First-Time Homeowner Guidance; and
- Rental Counseling.
Financial Opportunity Center
The Financial Opportunity Center enables community members to boost financial health, reduce costs, and find jobs. Through a multifaceted team of coaches, advisors, and partners, this center can provide community members with:
- Financial Coaching;
- Home Energy Assistance;
- Income Support; and
- Workforce Development.
Parent & Youth Organizing
The Parent & Youth Organizing program represents an expansion of NWSHC into family support services. This program features many development initiatives, including:
- Community Schools Initiative — This “After Hours” program provides Chicago Public School students with a variety of art, music, recreational, and mentorship activities;
- Youth Leadership Council — YLC empowers youth to develop their leadership skills, receive mentorship, and connect with their peers;
- Resilience Initiatives — These promote community collaboration and violence prevention to help parents and youth live meaningful existences; and
- Parent University — This free program provides parents with help to build the necessary skills to support themselves and their families.
Support Affordable Housing in Belmont-Cragin When You Buy, Sell or Lease
At no cost to themselves, anyone who cares about community development on Chicago’s Northwest Side can turn virtually any brokered real estate transaction into funding for the Northwest Side Housing Center. For example, the purchase or sale of a $300,000 home can result in about $1,300 of free funding. Support the mission of the Northwest Side Housing Center by using IIC’s free platform to make arrangements with an agent you already have in mind. Or use IIC to find and choose among real estate agents that are appropriate for the specifics of your residential or commercial real estate needs. Ready to start?
Total IIC Funding: